The Hanlon Financial System Center at Stevens Institute of Technology is a state-of-the-art financial technology and teaching center that creates a dynamic connection between financial theories and real world practices. The Hanlon Financial System Labs were established by Stevens Trustee and Alumnus, Sean Hanlon. Hanlon Financial Systems Lab integrates the latest hardware and software technology, accessing real-time data and historical data, supporting innovative research into the most common and urgent problems in contemporary finance.
Hanlon Lab 1 is located on the fourth floor of Babbio Center.
All Stevens' students and faculties are able to use the lab from Monday to Friday 9:00am-9:00pm and Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm during the academic semesters. At least one lab assistant will be available during this time to help all students and faculties with facilities and possible questions. During the academic year, some classes are held in the lab. In order to see the schedule of these classes or open hours of the lab, please check Hanlon Lab Calendar page.
- All faculties/students are required to use their own Stevens Campus Domain Account in order to use any computer available in the lab.
- If you need to use the lab any time except the provided schedule above, a Stevens faulty/Student ID is required for entrance into the lab. In order to activate your IDs, you need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to use the lab during a class in which you are not enrolled, you need to talk to the Instructor and ask for his/her permission before the class started.
- Be considerate and keep your volume down.
- No food is permitted in the lab at any time.
Software below are licensed and installed in every workstations.
• Bloomberg (Bloomberg Terminal Workstations only)
• Anaconda, Python, Jupyter
• Visual Studio
Need help with the computers?
If you see someone in the research room (besides the main room), try to ask for help.
How to use the Bloomberg Terminal?
Please go to pages below for more information
How to Make a Reservation Request for Class?
Faculty are able to reserve the lab for courses or course activities. In this case, please follow the instruction below: