Two factors make the provision of health services different from other services. First, many providers are organized as not-for-profit corporations as opposed to investor owned. Second, payment for services typically is made by third parties rather than by patients, who receive the services.
Work and Challenges
- Started from scratch.
- Came up with our idea of what data to get, how to get the data, maintain it and visualize it
- Decided to get daily prices, market capitalization, volumes and daily news sentiments for better estimates how the stocks behaviors
- Added the major health reforms in the database for future reference
- Developed a trading strategy based upon the data collected
- Had to construct the insurance index
- Research on how to maintain the database by feeding the data automatically from Bloomberg terminal.
- Include Volume or correlation between Volume and News sentiment as an additional trading strategy
- Expand the database to other sectors and implement similar strategies.